Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pancakes for Two

My mom used to make my brother, sister, and I chocolate chip pancakes almost every Sunday after church. They were always fluffy and sweet and something I looked forward to every weekend. I've scaled down the recipe below to make enough pancakes for two people, but feel free to multiply it to make as many as you need. These pancakes are a quick and easy treat that I can make for a "breakfast in bed" for my husband or for a tasty start to any day. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Happy baking!

Pancakes for Two

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
Milk to moisten

Directions:
1)      Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in medium bowl.
2)      Add egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Stir together with a fork to roughly bring together.
3)      Add a few tablespoons of milk to moisten the batter. Mix everything together until it loosely comes together. Lumps in the batter are normal and can be left alone.
4)      On an electric griddle (or stove top skillet) heat surface area to 310 degrees F (or medium-high heat). Pour batter onto the griddle and cook each pancake 1-2 on each side. Makes 6 medium-sized pancakes.

Tip 1: For flavored pancakes, chop up your favorite fruit and add to the batter before pouring onto the griddle. For chocolate chip pancakes, add chocolate chips to the pancake after it has been poured onto the griddle and before you have flipped it over to cook on the second side.

Tip 2: For a doubled recipe, use only 1 egg. Tripled or quadrupled: use 2 eggs - so on and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...