Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Is Here!

Hello everyone! After having such a long and snowy winter we finally made it to summer! I wasn't sure it would ever get here since spring was pretty cold here too. This weekend it is supposed to be really hot, and today we are getting severe thunderstorms. I just hope the hail and tornadoes stay away!

So, that means I should stay inside and sew this weekend. I did just finish up another kindle case since now I have a small kindle instead of the one with the huge keyboard at the bottom.


Now I'll have something pretty to carry around with me and my kindle won't get all scratched up! :)

I have several other projects going on right now too, but what I really need to do is figure out what pattern I'm going to use for my bee month. I host August and since we'll be moving at the end of July I'll have to get my act together early. Any suggestions? I'm thinking I might design my own block and put up a tutorial... We'll see if I have time for that I guess.

Anyway, I do have a little finish to share today. I have finished my June bee block.


It was the first time I've had to do real paper piecing, and I was kind of nervous since I had to make this for someone else! I think it turned out OK though. The middle isn't quite on, but I'm happy with it. And, I only had to rip one seam! I'd say that's a win! :)

So, what are you all working on this summer?

2 comments:

I love your comments and questions. Feel free to drop me a line!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...